In addition to advising and representing clients on business and tax law matters, Randy also provides training and consulting services in the areas of organizational development, family enterprises, board governance, leader effectiveness, charitable giving, community engagement, and digital inclusion.
As governance consultant, Randy works with clients to build dynamic boards, effective board-executive partnerships, and governance structures and solutions that work in the real world and comply with applicable legal standards and rules.
As business counselor, Randy works with organizations to resolve internal conflicts, evaluate business models, assess revenue streams, enhance organizational impact, and create solutions for long-term sustainability.
As philanthropic advisor, Randy works with foundations, corporations, families, and individual philanthropists to identify core commitments, develop appropriate giving strategies, and build effective relationships with constituent communities to increase long-term impact. Randy also works with nonprofit clients and community groups in the areas of fund development and resource generation, donor relations, messaging, grants, corporate sponsorships, and endowment building.
Leadership Training That is Tested, Proven, Relevant, and Real
In addition to his formal education and his direct experience as an outside advisor working with hundreds of organizations, Randy has also pursued extensive continuing education and certifications:
- Randy has earned the Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® designation through the American College of Financial Services, a year-long program with courses in philanthropic planning, planning for impact in the the context of family wealth, tax strategies, and practical tools and techniques.
- He has also earned the Certificate of Nonprofit Board Consulting from BoardSource®, a global network of leaders representing a broad and diverse cross-section of the social sector.
- Randy has completed the extensive training required to become a certified trainer with Dr. Thomas Gordon’s Leader Effectiveness Training (L.E.T.) program.
In addition, he has received training in:
- Open Focus®, a method for reducing stress-related symptoms and enhancing well-being using principles developed in the field of biofeedback developed by pioneer in the field of neurofeedback, Les Fehmi, PhD, BCIA-EEG.
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), a program that incorporates mindfulness to assist people with pain and a range of conditions and life issues developed at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center by Professor Jon Kabat-Zinn.
Randy’s consulting work integrates his experience as a business and tax law attorney, his undergraduate degrees in Philosophy and Music (trumpet performance), his legal education including clinical studies in community development law, and graduate studies in urban planning.
Randy is a frequent speaker, panelist, moderator, and facilitator on issues relating to corporate governance, nonprofit governance, legal issues of nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, and digital inclusion.